Log in

  • Home
  • Deferred: NSW Thunder Rally

Deferred: NSW Thunder Rally

  • 8 Oct 2021
  • 10 Oct 2021
  • Nundle, NSW


The Thunder Rally is looking shaky for 2021 and at best will be postponed to Nov 19-21. The "A Group" have rolled over plans to the 2022 Rally instead. An offer to assist a second group will be repeated next year so there is plenty of time to mull what is a great trip.

DOCNSW’s Thunder Rally is scheduled for October 8-10 this year. It is again at Nundle and not to be confused with a 40th anniversary lead-in event at Lake Cargelligo (Oct 6-7).

An unofficial DOCV contingent is traveling up for the Rally. It is unofficial because first option was given to members of our 2017 and 2019 groups and the quota filled without actually opening to the wider Club.

This is an opportunity to self-organise a second group. Help is available with proven itineraries of around 8 nights as well as tips based on 2017/19 experience. Nundle is an appealing gold era town and the rally site at Sheba Dams is particularly attractive. The two groups would overlap there on Sat 9th then continue independently.

Staying in smaller towns is one reason the trip does not work for a large, consolidated group. Whether you are into old style rallies or not it is a great excuse to venture north and explore some of NSW’s best roads.

Non-camping options are available at Nundle if booked early. Alternatively the Rally works with a rest day at Tamworth (followed or preceded with the option of Oxley Hwy).

The event is in support of NSW Royal Rehab Centre and Rally registration includes a T shirt offer.

To be clear this is an offer to assist a second DOCV group. You are registering interest to join the group, it is not a commitment. It will require someone keen to emerge and run with the idea. The route and accommodation research is done if you choose to use it.

Further information: Geoff 0408 533152 or

Copyright © Ducati Owners Club of Victoria Inc 

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software