Log in

Club Permits

If you own a bike at least 25 years old and are a member of a recognised Club, which we are, and your bike passes a roadworthy, then you are eligible by Victorian law to register your bike under the Club Permit Scheme.

The conditions of use for a Club Permitted bike are primarily:

  • The bike may be used at any time.
  • But limited to either 45 or 90 days' riding (depending on the permit).
  • You must keep a log book of riding days and carry it with you.

To get your Club Permit renewal signed, pay your membership and then:

  • Bring your Club Permit renewal form to a Club meeting with evidence of your membership payment, or
  • Send it by post to PO Box 16, Box Hill  Vic  3128 - with a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
  • Note: DO NOT send by registered post, we can't get to the PO to sign for it.

If you're applying for a Club Permit, you need to:

  1. Pay your DOCV membership.
  2. Get a roadworthy certificate (issued not more than 30 days prior to submitting the application).
  3. Complete a Club Permit Application form.
  4. Complete a Vehicle Eligibility and Standards Declaration for Club Permit Vehicles form.
  5. Send a copy of 2. and the originals of 3. and 4. to us:
    • by post to: DOCV, PO Box 16, Box Hill  Vic  3128 - with a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
    • Note: DO NOT send by registered post, we can't get to the PO to sign for it.
    • Tip: Because we only collect the mail every 2-3 weeks, it's a good idea to coordinate with us before you get your roadworthy to ensure it's not sitting in the PO Box for weeks.
  6. Take a photo of your bike and a photo of its compliance plate (or frame number or engine number) and email it to

Your forms (per 3. and 4. above) will be signed by an authorised Club Permit representative and returned to you. You will then need to either:

1) take all forms into Vicroads - preferred option to receive club plate etc. (if bike is registered you will also have to de-register at this time, take plate in as well)

2) send 2., 3. and 4. above to VicRoads, GPO Box 1644, Melbourne  Vic  3001. (If your bike is already registered you will need to de-register it first - go into Vic Roads, before sending in signed permit forms)

If you need more information, try these links:

  • Official information on the VicRoads Club Permit Scheme is here.
  • There is a great "How To" article written by Daryl Grant, Club Permit officer and vintage Ducati enthusiast on page 32 of the December 2020 issue of Desomoto
  • A handy summary of the scheme along with some useful FAQ's on the scheme can be found on the Association of Motoring Clubs website .

If you have a query or need assistance, please go to our contact page and nominate 'Club Permits'.

Copyright © Ducati Owners Club of Victoria Inc 

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software